Monday, April 21, 2008

user modeling for emotions in text idea

========================================
user modeling for emotions in text idea
========================================

:author: Abe Kazemzadeh
:date: 2008-04-21

This weekend I had an idea about how to implement a user model of emotions in text. Using the liveJournal blog data [Mishne Dissertation], I can try to make a mixture language model, like described in [Stolke Dissertation]. The user model will be the mixture priors (am I using the terminology correctly?). This will give me a good change to move away from the tfidf approach into the language modeling framework, which I haven't explored enough.

TODO: make a simple example of the mixture language model, play around with srilm toolkit, apply to data [liveJournal, IEMOCAP]

No comments: